Kinship Care (Non-DSS Placement)
online resources to help navigate the system
- Write in “CHILD-ONLY” at the top
- Fill out sections 1, 2, 3, and 6
- DO NOT use the online application process, it is not set up for Child-Only applications
- When you apply for TANF, the SC Child Support Enforcement Division will open a child support case on behalf of the child(ren). You will not be eligible for TANF if you do not comply with this.
- TANF and SNAP applications are the same, use a separate application for SNAP as household income is calculated.
- Fill out ALL sections
- Include income statements (last 4 weeks paystubs, tax return if self-employed, etc), child care expense statements, utility bills, rent/mortgage statement
- This is available to apply online, but it is not recommended to use that process.